Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Taylor got a great night sleep last night. The doctors are letting her sleep more without interrupting her during the night. She woke up wanting to eat some pancakes. However she was unable to due to the fact that she has an ultrasound test today on her diaphragm. The doctors are going to check it again for motion as well as run a nerve test to see if she is a candidate for a pacemaker like device that helps her diaphragm work if the nerves are OK instead of a ventilator. Later this afternoon they decided not to do the ultrasound test. Taylor was very disapointed since she starved herself allday in preperation for their test. Tonight she had special splints made for her hands so that if she regained some movement in her arms she would be able to pick things up easier.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Hello Taylor-
I glad to hear that you were able to get a great night's sleep. I know that always helps to make a day go much smoother. I sure it won't be too long before they allow you to have some great pancakes or as we have always called them at my mom's "Pamcakes". Hopefully tonight will be full of rest. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family each and every day. Eat lots of ice cream!!! Love you lots!

Andy & Kelli Garcia
Mike, Pam, & Holly Griffith-Colusa

Anonymous said...

Taylor,

I am glad to hear that things are going so well. Pizza is my favorite to. Keep up the good work and stay strong.

Laurel Witsrom

Anonymous said...

Hi Taterbug!!! It's Aunt Mindy. Just wanted to let you know that I had fun reading you books last night. I love you soooo much and am so proud of you. I will see you soon. Lots of hugs and kisses. Take care of Belle.

Aunt Mindy

Anonymous said...

Taylor,

We really miss seeing you and your brother. Stay strong and continue to do well. I am sure we will see you and your brother riding your horses soon. I am sending you a few special hugs. I am sure that someone there will help pass them on.

The Rancin Family

Anonymous said...

Taylor,

You don't know me but I have followed your progress on your website. You are a celebrity in Chico. I will have some pizza for you. If we meet someday maybe we can have some pizza together. Stay strong and keep up the good work.

Rebecca Day